ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑ

ΤΗΛ. 26610 22611

ΤΡΙΑ ΓΕΦΥΡΙΑ, 49100, ΚΕΡΚΥΡΑ

animalclinicvets@gmail.com

ΩΡΑΡΙΟ ΛΕΙΤΟΥΡΓΙΑΣ

ΔΕΥΤΕΡΑ: 09.30 - 14.00
ΤΡΙΤΗ: 09.30 - 14.00 & 17.30 - 20.00
ΤΕΤΑΡΤΗ: 09.30 - 14.00
ΠΕΜΠΤΗ: 09.30 - 14.00 & 17.30 - 20.00
ΠΑΡΑΣΚΕΥΗ09.30 - 14.00 & 17.30 - 20.00
ΣΑΒΒΑΤΟ: 10.00 - 13.00

  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Google Places - Grey Circle

ΤΟΠΟΘΕΣΙΑ

ΒΡΕΙΤΕ ΜΑΣ ΣΤΟ GOOGLE MAPS

The Animal Clinic 2018. All rights reserved.

Πολιτική Απορρήτου & Συμμόρφωση GDPR

Sago Palm poisoning in pets

March 9, 2015

Sago palms are naturally found as outdoor ornamental plants in warm climates. While all parts of the plant are toxic to pets, including the roots, the seeds are the most toxic. The sago palm contains a toxic chemical called cycasin, which causes liver damage. Ingestion results in acute gastrointestinal signs within 15 minutes to several hours after ingestion. Central nervous system signs and severe liver failure can be seen within 2-3 days post-ingestion. After the patient develops symptoms of liver involvement, the survival rate is only about 50%.

 

Symptoms

 

If your dog or cat ingests any part of a  sago palm, drooling, vomiting, black-tarry stool, lethargy, Inappetence, increased thirst and urination, bruising and bleeding, and yellow coloration of the gums and skin are all possible symptoms. Some dogs may exhibit neurological symptoms like seizures or paralysis, circling, or depression. If you think that your pet has eaten ANY part of a Sago Palm, no matter what quantity, you need to seek emergency veterinary treatment immediately.

 

 

                                                                                    Sago Palm seeds

  

Please reload

Featured Posts

Harvest Mites

1/3
Please reload

Follow Us

Tria Gefiria | Corfu